Custom Manufactured Products
S&W CUSTOM PRODUCTS are items that are not carried in stock but are custom manufactured to your specifications as orders are received. These include orders requiring special operations such as numbering, punching, special die cutting, custom tinted colors and custom printing. Pressboard folders shown in this catalog are also available with larger tyvek gussets on a custom manufactured basis. S&W will also manufacture products in special sizes and constructions to solve filing requirements that are unique to your application.
Your Business Needs Are Unique
We help you meet those needs with custom filing products designed to lower your records management costs.
- Custom Folder Printing
- Color Coded Strip Labels
- Printed Tabs and Dividers
- Custom Pockets
Benefits Of Custom Printing
- Enhance your firm’s image and easily identify your folders by having company name and logo printed on the front panel of every folder.
- Special tab headings and handling instructions are another common use for custom printing.
- Printed forms eliminate frequently used paper form documents by having them printed directly to the folder or dividers.
- Medical or dental offices often have patient charts pre-printed with an activity log form.
- Law firms and government agencies find it useful to print mandatory forms on folders or report covers.
Offline Printing - Available when your requirements call for custom printing on stocked file folders, pockets or jackets. Available in black ink only and on quantities under 5,000 pieces.
Simply choose a stock product and submit camera-ready artwork. In 10 working days we will print and ship your product.
Premium Print - For times when ten days just won’t do we will pull and print stock folders or flat pockets in quantities of 5,000 or less in just three business days.
Color Coded Strip Labels
How Color-Coding Saves You Money:
Factory applied strip labels save you time and money through reduced labor costs. 80% of filing costs are spent on labor required to pull and re-file documents.
Implementing the correct color coded system for your needs can cut total costs by up to 40%.
Less time spent looking for missing or misfiled documents results in increased employee productivity and lower costs. Executives and doctors can spend an average of 3-4 hours per week hunting for missing information.
Did you know that the estimated cost of tracking down a misfiled folder is $125?
Anatomy Of A Strip Label
- Month/Year Labels – Help any company easily manage retention schedules.
- Bar Coding – Digitally track the location of your records by utilizing bar codes.
- Alpha, Numeric, Terminal Digit – We will assist you in designing a color-code that meets your records management needs.
- Pre Labeling – Provide us with a database and we will print the custom designed color-coded strip label and apply it to any standard end-tab folder during the production process.
Color Coded Strip Labels
S&W is an industry leader producing factory-applied strip labels for compatible, color coded systems. S&W uses various printing technologies to create color coded systems that are compatible with any system your customer may be using. S&W stocks many of the most common systems available. These systems include Ames®, Acme® Visible, Barkley®, Col’R Tab®, GBS®, Jeter®, SavTyme®, Smead® and Tab® Products. Color coded systems can be applied to any standard folder, pocket or jacket. The product can be collated into any sequence you require and is ready to use out of the carton.
Computer Generated Labels
Custom color code strip labels can be created from your design. Similar to regular offset printed strip labels, computer generated labels offer more features. For example, barcodes, logos, year bands and classification bands can be printed on the label. The labels can be printed in consecutive, terminal digit or alphabetic order - however you request them so the folders are ready to be used right out of the box. Labels are coated with a clear glossy or matte poly laminate giving them protection and extra strength. Strip labels are factory applied to the folder, pocket or jacket.
Computer generated labels can be produced in a straight numeric sequence or you can supply an information disk for sequencing your labels. Data received by S&W should be in one of the following formats for label design production. Data must be organized and sorted into the order you wish it to be printed!
- Microsoft Access® Database (*.mdb)
- Microsoft Excel® (*.xls)
- DBASE compatible database (*.dbf)
- Structured ASCII Text File
- FLAT (Fixed Length ASCII Text File)
ASCII text file (.txt) Delimited - fields in this type of file are separated by either a unique character (one that does not appear any place in your data) or by using commas (,) with quotes as a text qualifier ("). All fields should be exported as text, including numeric fields. Field names in the first record are most helpful. See samples below:
- "FULL NAME", "SSN", "DOB"
- "LARSON, DAVID", "123-45-6789", "06/15/1972"
- "BERQUIST, TIM," "556-67-7889", "12/12/1967"
- FRANKLIN, WILLIAM," "987-65-4321", "03/17/1947"
ASCII text file (*.txt) Fixed Width - fields in this type of text file are in columns with a fixed length, with the date justified to the left of each column. See example:
There should be no blank records in the data and no page breaks, headers or footers. Data should either be mailed on a disk (ZIP files are OK) or e-mailed as an attachment. Excessive manipulation or sorting of the data constitutes programming and will be charged accordingly. Approval of sequence order is required prior to label production.
To assure an acceptable color match for any finished label order, we suggest that you mail, with your order, a sample of each number (0-9) and / or alphabetic (A-Z) color. We will calibrate the color output for each order to be as close as possible to supplied samples. Signed approval of colors is required prior to label production.
Types of Label Systems
- Files are arranged by names - company, subject or individual - in dictionary order.
- Alphabetic filing is the most commonly used method for systems with less than 5,000 records.
- Alphabetic filing methods allow anyone direct access to information contained in the files because cross-references are not needed.
- When color coding is not used in large volume alphabetic filing systems, the repetition of common names makes filing extremely tedious and may lead to errors and frequent misfiles.
- Files are arranged by number in sequential order from the lowest to the highest.
- Straight Numeric is the most practical filing system for large records, especially for filing systems larger than 5,000 records.
- A benefit of straight numeric filing is that unlike large alphabetic systems there is no duplication of files - each number is unique.
- Security of files is enhanced because access to a record is not possible without access to the alphabetic cross-reference system.
- Straight numeric filing is the easiest and simplest system to learn, since it is based on sequential numbering. Numbers are faster to read and easier to file than letters.
- Terminal digit filing systems arrange files in groups according to the last digits.
- Terminal digit filing is an efficient filing method for systems that exceed 10,000 records or have "skips" in numeric sequences that are created when social security numbers or files have been purged extensively.
- File numbers are assigned in straight numeric sequence; however location in the file is determined by reading them in reverse order (right to left), in groups of two digits.
- File area is divided into 100 equal sections (00-99) which expand and contract evenly.
- File retrieval and return is distributed throughout the filing system and backshifting efforts are eliminated since old files are evenly purged.
Keep Important Documents Secure
Fasteners can be installed in any folder, in any position, and in various styles to best suit your company’s individual needs.
Keep stacks of punched documents in order and secured with factory installed fasteners.
Bonded – With 1” or 2” capacity metal prongs and strong fiber based glued directly to the folder stock.
Embedded – Available in 1” or 2” capacity these metal fasteners are embedded in each folder.
U-Clip – Unique flexible fastener design adds the functionality of a 3-ring binder to your charts and folders.
Printed Tabs & Dividers
Indexes & Dividers Help You Locate Information Within A Folder Quickly.
Factory installed custom indexes and dividers reduce the hassle and time spent locating information within complex charts and folders.
Save money by having commonly used forms and documents printed directly on the divider.
Fasteners installed on each divider keep your documents secured and organized.
Colored mylar tabs with custom printing help you located specific sections at a glance.
Choose from heavy manila stock, vinyl, or transparent polyurethane.
From x-ray film to deeds, compact discs to photos, pre-installed manila and vinyl pockets provide the perfect way to secure documents that can’t be two-hole punched.
Pockets available in numerous sizes and can be installed in any position.